Thursday, May 28, 2009

of birthdays, weddings and first jobs

happy birthday to meee... mee mee ..meeee :)

The dramatic countdown to my birthday is here!

this year is significant ... cuz im of legal marriageable and liquor drinking age in this country...
coincidence? i think not
not that the legalities matter to me.. marriage is far away and the liquor's been around for a while now..

anyhoo... moving on.. to the important things.. like my birthday wishlist..

this wishlist is not merely a virtual fancy.. its meant to function somewhat like the wedding registry concept of western weddings..
preventing clueless friends and acquaintances from buying that hideous wall clock or a pointless porcelain girl figurine or an ugly stuffed animal for INR 99

Yep.. the wedding registry ranks right up there among the Few Useful Things Americans Thought Of along with KFC, deep dish pizzas, sports cars and bourbon whiskey ..

It seems strange how much wedding references keep cropping up these days..
ok actually not that strange .. considering my entirely-too-young roommate just got married yesterday.. MARRIED..

and while her life changes dramatically and irreversibly ... I lounge around my room idly contemplating the relative merits/necessity of getting a layer trim..
SO weird and unhinging … right?? Well I’m dealing with it in the best way i can ... by pretending that nothing happened …

Abject denial works most of the time… somewhat..

So do sparkly distractions … like birthday presents :)

here's my slightly over-ambitious wishlist...


• ipod nano – its an excess.. a brilliant beautiful unavoidable one

• e71/blackberry – Need. Desperately.

• Amazon Kindle – Books in a gadget ?? bring it On!

• Sparkly gold bikini – interesting yes??

• Vintage or leatherbound editions of my fav books – do I need a reason?

• Overpriced oversized designer handbag – the nomadic turtle in me needs this.

• Ray Ban Aviators – one that doesn’t make me look like a space insect or Cyclops ( the x-men one ) or Rajnikant’s village cousin trying to look cool.

• Decadent silk-satin sheets – so that the poverty stops where the dreams begin :)

• M.A.C gift vouchers – if its gonna be a gift vouchers.. it better be this.. or Landmark’s :)

• Jimmy Choos – okay who am I kidding… I’m never getting out of my ACGs

• A puppy! - cuz potted plants and goldfish just Dont cut it..


And since the title mentions it.. let me quickly mention the first job..

I got a new job. In bangalore. its better than the other job i got.. i think..
I start in two weeks.
And these facts apart.. i'm So excited/freaked that i can't begin to talk about it.. yet..

so until then.. Jai Ho!

(hee hee.. i just wanted to say that Sometime in real life.. the Jai Ho pussycat dolls remix is really the limit :D )

2 comments:

vasudha said...

whoa!! expensive wishlist...not to mention exotic :P

ssshhhh said...

wishes don't have leashes darling :)