Tuesday, October 14, 2008

to laugh.. or not to laugh...

I like my sense of humor.

Sure ..it’s a little over-developed and all too easily triggered by the first passing pig in a wig .. but hey we aren’t all perfect. And when it comes to laughs, more is definitely less.

But even I’ve got to admit that it gets pretty puerile once in a while.

Typically… In moments when I can’t really afford it to be.

I’m sure you’ve had one of these moments .. when your boss/professor/person-in-authority-who’s-a-pain-in-the-ass is on one of those ballistic rants which you’re on the receiving end of… and suddenly something they say strikes you as the funniest thing ever .. for a reason known only to yourself (and your imaginary friends..if you had any) and you really, really want to burst out laughing that very moment… but can’t because its suicide of the bad kind ( i.e without the sweet release of death)


Well this is about one of those times.

Except it doesn’t involve my boss or professor or dad.

It involves.. this boy.. whom I can’t name..

So lets just call him.. Notch.

Now .. Notch … was nice .. in parts .. ( read – nice to parts of me )

And he was busy being nice to me one day .. and all was gloriously well.

Until he suddenly leaned close .. and whispered to me .. huskily…

…….. say my name…….


Where any Normal brain would’ve just said ‘oh notch! Oh yeah’ and so on and so forth..

I start to imagine

Hmm what’ll his face his look like if I said

ohh yeah venkatagopalanagasubramaniamlu ! give it to me baby ;)

consequently..I burst out laughing but immediately and prudently control it .. and so it ends up sounding like a choked gurgle..and before he looks up and suspects that I’m actually laughing at him.. I quickly improvise .. recall meg ryan’s amazing ‘faking it’ scene from harry met sally for inspiration .. and manage to blurt out a believable breathy ‘oh notch!’

Dear, sweet, clueless Notch smiles sexily at me and goes back to being nice.

Various thoughts ran thru my head .. such as...

1.Hurrah! …

2.that was close!

3.Hahahahahaha!

4.Oh yeahh notch..do that again

5.Is it normal to be so distracted think so much..while u're.. umm..u know..?

6.Omg! Hilarious!.. I so wanna tell [list of girlfriends] ! ..oh wait.. I’ll blog about it :D


Ergo. This blogpost. * insert smiley with a halo *

4 comments:

So Patel said...

lol :) did tassu read it yet?!

Kolor said...

my sympathies for notch. amen.

Abhishek Madan said...

I agree with Subho. Wait I gotta get somebody to read this.

Prateek Ranganathan said...

hilarious :)